- Home > Cultural Tour > Festivals
- Seodaemun Indepedence/Democracy Festival
- This festival is held to share the joy of having accomplished independence and democratization by overcoming numerous ordeals and to teach the younger generations the importance of mankind’s universal values, most notably, democracy, freedom, and peace.
- Fate: August 15 (Liberation Day)
- Venue: Seodaemun Prison History Hall and Seodaemun Independence Park
- Contents: Visits to the footprints left by activists of the struggles for independence and democracy, celebratory performances, a history-related concert, visits to the prison where the activists were detained, educational sessions on history and human rights, debates, and an artwork exhibition.
- Sinchon University Culture Festival
- This festival is designed for various participants including people of all ages and both sexes, family units, foreigners and others to enjoy by creating a summer retreat in the urban center that any citizens can easily participate and enjoy in the summer using the car-free street in Yonsei-ro, Sinchon.
- Date : One day in July
- Venue : Yonsei-ro, Sinchon
- Contents :Water gun fight, DJing, performance, bubble party
- Christmas Street Festival
- This festival fills Sinchon with the Christmas atmosphere, and features the installation of Christmas trees, sales of Christmas-related goods, and art performances.
- Date : Every December
- Venue: Yonsei-ro, Sinchon
- Contents: Exhibition of Christmas trees and all things relating to Christmas, sale of Christmas-related goods, art performances.